Lyreco For Education
SUPPORTING EQUAL ACCESS TO EDUCATION IN THE POOREST COUNTRIES
Committing all our employees to devote time to charitable operations is part of Lyreco company culture. Through the Lyreco For Education programme, Lyreco employees develop fund raising actions to give children living in poor conditions better access to education.
The objective is to increase school enrolment and reduce school drop out rate by improving the quality of education and learning conditions.
Funds are mainly raised through various activities and initiatives across our global subsidiaries.
6 COUNTRIES SUPPORTED SINCE 2008
RESULTS 2008 - 2019
From January 2019 and over the next 4 years, our 10,000 employees will take action to raise 1 million euros to directly support 11,000 children and teenagers enrolled in primary and secondary schools in North-Eastern Cambodia.
In partnership with CARE, we will improve the quality of education and learning conditions, in particular for ethnic minorities.
- 11,000 children
- 26 schools supported
- 1 boarding house built for 60 students
- 92 teachers trained in scientific and digital education
- 60 scholarships
2015 - 2018
- 17,000 children supported
- 32 schools supported
The action plan is built around 4 objectives:
- To rebuild and renovate school facilities
- To improve the quality of education by training teachers and equipping schools
- To increase the awareness and involvement of parents regarding the importance of school
- To focus on disaster prevention for future cyclones
2011 - 2014
- 60,000 children supported
- 200 primary schools, 58 early-childhood centres & 4 secondary schools supported
- 49 schools built
- 165 school directors & 225 teachers trained
- 750 mothers involved in mothers' clubs
- 3,332 students have access to IT equipment
- 3,000 children supported
- 11 schools supported
- 64 teachers trained
- 2,300 children supported
- 20 schools
- 8,400 children supported
- 50 early-childhood centres