Why a sustainability strategy?
At Lyreco, we are committed to taking responsibility for the impact our activities can have on the planet and its people, and to listening to the issues and needs of our stakeholders. By doing so, we have a clear view on the progress we need to make and ensure that we build in the right considerations as we design our future strategy.
OUR GOALS FOR 2026
90% of our turnover is made up of sustainable products and services
90% of employees are proud to work for Lyreco
We collaborate with our partners to progress sustainably
In order to reduce our impact on the planet, we commit to:
- Using and selling sustainable products and services and embrace the circular economy
- Being carbon neutral on company vehicles and business travel, based on actions around greenifying, reducing and/or compensating our emissions
- Being carbon neutral in our company facilities
We commit to offering our employees a continuously better quality of life at work as well as taking care of the communities we operate in:
- More than a job, a career; we commit to supporting the development of our people
- We aim to provide a safe and empowering working life for all our employees
- We take action to make a positive impact on the communities of the countries we operate in
We make sure we involve all our partners to issue the best initiatives, actions and decisions possible:
- We listen to customers and suppliers to progress
- We share experiences about sustainable initiatives
- We take action to set an ethical framework in all our activities and encourage our employees and partners to adopt sustainable practices
Supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, the United Nations have defined 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) that provide a blueprint for governments, NGOs, companies and citizens.
They address the global challenges we face, including those related to poverty, inequality, climate change, environmental degradation, peace and justice.
As a player in the distribution of products and solutions for the working environment, we commit to the Global Compact principles.
A new focus
In 2022, we have reviewed this commitment by identifying 4 categories of SDGs for Lyreco:
- SDGs that imply an indirect impact of Lyreco activities
- SDGs that imply a minor direct impact of Lyreco activities
- SDGs that imply a direct impact and that should be a basis of Lyreco day-to-day activities
- SDGs that imply a direct impact of Lyreco activities and should be strategic priorities for Lyreco
3 strategic SDGs to commit to
The 3 strategic direct impact SDG’s are the ones Lyreco commits to in priority.