Excellence 2.0 Warehouse / Supply Chain Project Manager
At Lyreco we all share a common goal to strive for passion, excellence, respect and agility. We are proud to be the European leader and the third largest distributor of workplace products and services in the world
We are committed to the development of our employees and we aim to achieve that by creating a culture that inspires and empowers.
Are you seeking a new challenge? This offer might be for you!
Lyreco Benelux serves over 4500 customers each day from its warehouse in Vottem (near Liège), and via deliveries directly from our suppliers to our customers.
We manage the demand & supply for a product portfolio of ~30000 SKU's. At the moment we have ~14M€ worth of inventory in our Vottem warehouse. With a team of over 130 people, we ship over 5M order lines every year. The number of SKU's and stock level will increase in the coming years, as we are expanding our offering.
The DC of Vottem ships over 1,2M deliveries, mostly to our dedicated cross docking points in Benelux, where over 200 drivers are picking them up for delivery to our customers.
The Benelux Supply Chain Team want to become pioneering partners in delivering sustainably what any workplace needs, while offering a great customer experience.
The warehouse was established over 15 years ago, and we are up for an upgrade. The Excellence 2.0 program is an ambitious project and a pillar to our growth in Benelux. It aims to upgrade the current obsolete equipment and to design the operational processes that will support the implementation of new automated technology..
We are looking for an experienced Warehouse/Supply Chain project manager to take a leading role in this programme, and going forward to manage wider supply chain optimisation projects.
While reporting directly to Supply Chain Director, for Excellence 2.0 the Warehouse & Supply Chain project manager will work under guidance of the Vottem DC Manager for strictly warehouse related activities.
In this role you are the spider in the web connecting our current operations with the future. Together wither internal and external partners you develop and execute the best options for warehouse layout, automation, smooth flows between different types of old and new equipment, processes and systems.
Where do you fit in the organisation
Title: Excellence 2.0 Warehouse & Supply Chain project manager
Reports to Supply Chain Director Benelux & DC Manager Vottem
Location: Vottem (Liège, BE)
What does your day look like?
Excellence 2.0 Programme Management
- Together with the DC manager manage the programme of currently 11 projects
- Follow up time planning, risks, opportunities, act as escalation point & ensure to connect different parts of the organisation
- Report the progress of the project (steerco preparation, meetings minutes and project status)
- Work with Finance on follow up of budget
- Detailed operational management of projects/workstreams that are part of the Excellence 2.0 programme
- Analysis of data & processes
- Co-ordinate stakeholders including Group staff, IT, External consultants and suppliers, warehouse and transport operations in the implementation of the various new equipment installations.
- Be part of the selection process of suppliers
- Change management:
- Active communication
- Establish new processes - document & train in a collaborative mode / involving operators and managers
- Measure impact of implemented operations
- Support/lead optimisation activities for supply chain
How we measure the performance of Project Management
Delivery on time and within budget
Tangible results: metrics
Successful adoption of new processes
Who are we looking for
Language knowledge : French, English, Dutch
You have a university/engineering degree in a technical background
Solid Experience with:
- Warehouse Automation
- Detailed knowledge of Warehouse Management System, Warehouse Control System
- Management of cross functional projects
- Connecting warehouse operations with IT, suppliers and other partners
Strong verbal and visual communication skills, ability to connect with different levels of the organisation
High level of creativity, a proactive mindet, and strong ability to deliver in an autonomous yet collaborative way.
Strong analytical skills. Good business acumen. Insight in financial metrics.
You are expert in use of standard office tools, including superior knowledge of Excel. Ideally also SAP
Hands-on switching easily between roles of co-ordination and leading, and analysis & contribution.
You have a good sense of organisation and you have no difficulty prioritising your tasks.
You stay on top of what is happening in warehouse operations: new types of equipment, tools, views, processes.
You bring innovation into the organisation, at a human scale.