Group Category Support Officer
At Lyreco we all share a common goal to strive for passion, excellence, respect and agility. We are proud to be the European leader and the third largest distributor of workplace products and services in the world
We are committed to the development of our employees and we aim to achieve that by creating a culture that inspires and empowers.
Are you seeking a new challenge? This offer might be for you!
Role of GCSO within Group Product & Services department
- Support the Group Product Manager (GPM) and Lyreco subsidiaries in the daily management of the group offer of the category they belong to.
- Under the operational responsibility of their GPM, be in charge of sharing information and ensuring the correct application of group decisions in the subsidiaries & supplier partners.
- Be responsible for the creation of the items requested by the subsidiaries in the SAP/STEP database.
- Support the Group Product Manager (GPM) in the preparation, delivery and tracking of all operational, analytical & presentation material associated to driving the relevant Category strategy forward.
- The GCSO may undertake the management of a small number of suppliers to aid their professional development.
- The GCSO, in collaboration with their Group Product Manager, will help support the group product assortment for their Category.
Managing, on a daily basis, the group product range via a strong partnership with their Group Product Manager(s):
- Participation to the life of the category (product knowledge, category meetings, supplier meetings, negotiation preparation & tracking of category results).
- Assisting product & supplier selection, creation & follow-up.
- Communicate to & support the subsidiaries on product and supplier topics.
- Prepare, launch and follow-up on tenders.
- Support new product launch.
- Reporting and analysis (range evolutions, product & supplier comparison…) to support GPM negotiations & category meetings.
- Ensure occasionally the consistency of the supplier’s product content received by the content team.
- Attend supplier meetings and assist in the preparation, delivery, and results obtained.
Ensuring the production of the offer deliverables in line with the annual schedule (key dates):
- Group Bible creation, communication, update.
- Group Purchasing Price lists creation, communication, update.
- Support the subsidiaries in the understanding & usage of the deliverables.
Managing the SAP product database:
- Code requests processing – matching, creation, update & communication.
- Guarantee the maintenance of the database – descriptions, UoM, manufacturer, duplicates codes, hierarchy allocation.
- Support the subsidiaries in the understanding of creation & modification processes / documents.
May be involved in supporting Group / Category focused projects under the leadership and supervision of the relevant Group Product Manager:
- Group Marketing & Local Marketing teams.
- External Group Suppliers.
- Legal, Finance & Supply Chain Departments.
- Thoroughness and attention to details.
- Organisational skills (versatility, priority management, anticipation, planning).
- Analytical skills.
- Pass on and share knowledge, provide advice.
- Respect the confidentiality of information.
- Negotiation skills.
- Persistence in challenging colleagues.
- Good communication skills.
- Positive attitude.
- Build relationships.
- Be reliable & responsible.
- Proactive to solve issues.
- Be able to work in a multi-cultural environment.
Profile/Key Behavioral Criteria:
- Fluent Professional English.
- Customer focused (internal & external).
- Team player, still autonomous.
- Curios and agile.