Software Development Manager
At Lyreco we all share a common goal to strive for passion, excellence, respect and agility. We are proud to be the European leader and the third largest distributor of workplace products and services in the world
We are committed to the development of our employees and we aim to achieve that by creating a culture that inspires and empowers.
Are you seeking a new challenge? This offer might be for you!
Lyreco is a worldwide distributor of workplace products, with its corporate headquarters in Valenciennes, North of France. Privately owned, the company was founded in 1926 by the Gaspard family. Lyreco is covering 25 countries with direct presence along with a further 17 countries supported by 15 Strategic Partners.
Software Development Manager will lead a team of software developers to support existing and new application and services which support ecommerce platforms to help the business realize their upcoming goals. You will organize the skill community, be a mentor/coach to help team members to grow. You will drive continuous improvements in your new team to deliver the best quality software.Main responsibilities:
40% of the time:
- Being Software Engineer, Tech Lead, Solution Architect in the Scrum Team to deliver high-quality solutions,
- Being accountable for solutions which are supported by the team
Remaining 60% time:
- Hierarchically overseeing a team of Engineers, implying the people management.
- Recruiting of new talents, people administration, personal development, and evaluation of the Team members.
- Providing them coaching on both professionally as well as personally
- Encouraging and facilitating people in the Team to continuously developing themselves, both personally and within their area of expertise, so that they remain up-to-date in their field of expertise
- Managing responsibility for Engineers sharing passion and expert knowledge in the particular IT Area
- Highly proficient at identifying international market trends that may impact the way of working of IT professionals, and able to adopt and implement these trends
- Promoting in the best-in-class development principles – i.e. Clean Code, BDD/TDD in the team and also in protect team from the pressure to give up this in team member daily activities
- Cooperating with other Team Manager and Tech Leads from organization in the Development Community of Practice to agree and endorse the development principles and best practices for the company development teams
- Highly proficient at helping the organization structure complex engineering issues so they can be completely redesigned, rather than improved incrementally: technology, development methodologies, Continuous Improvement / Continuous Delivery
- Demonstrate the Lyreco values at all times. Excellence, Respect, Agility, Passion
- Very high energy level, stress resistant with positive open mindset
- 2+ years proven track record in this role or Tech Lead (with mentoring of developers), preferably in an international environment
- Management experience in getting the best out of people, when working with multiple cultures at the same time; preferably, in an Agile organization
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum, XP) for software development and DevOps;
Professional skills & abilities
- Good communication and influencing skills
- Build relationships: a team player able to build and develop networks
- Change management
- Results oriented: Proven track-record of delivering on targets
- Project management (organize and prioritize)
- Analytical and creative, proactive to solve issues
- Strong fundamentals in software design and development
- Knowledge of architecture design patterns
- Proven track record as Senior Developer/Designer/Tech Lead in .NET Core, ASP.NET Core, C#, MVC, SQL
- Knowledge of software craftsmanship principles (Clean Code, Clean coder, Clean architecture)
- Knowledge of web services, RestAPI, microservices
- Knowledge of one of frontend frameworks (Angular, React, Vue) is a plus
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery using continuous delivery tooling such as Jenkins and practical experience with Docker containerization
- Knowledge of Azure or other public clouds
- Fluency in English—verbal and written