Workplace Category Manager
At Lyreco we all share a common goal to strive for passion, excellence, respect and agility. We are proud to be the European leader and the third largest distributor of workplace products and services in the world
We are committed to the development of our employees and we aim to achieve that by creating a culture that inspires and empowers.
Are you seeking a new challenge? This offer might be for you!
This is a key position that will play a key role in the strategic development of Lyreco’s future. Reporting directly to the P&S Marketing Director, you will be responsible for driving Lyreco successfully into the Workplace markets of Furniture, Hygiene and Catering
With responsibility for the category team and in close collaboration with local sales and marketing teams, you will deliver best in class marketing activity, Category & financial targets & budgets for your Category - namely focused on end to end, cost reduction, income generation, stock management & ultimately the operating result of your Category - ensure this is delivered through your team, with excellence and creating, strategic category growth vision meeting sales and profitability targets.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Develop and lead Italian marketing plans to ensure that the product and services portfolio achieves the sales and margin targets.
• Coordinating marketing strategies with the sales, financial, public relations, and production departments.
• Evaluating and optimizing marketing and pricing strategies
• Ability to maximise internal / external qualitative & quantitative data to form for next years / 6P (Price, Product, Promotion, Procurement, Placement, Partner) Category vision.
• Be able to lead a cross functional team through key ‘’Catalogue ranging’’ milestone’s as part of our centralised ranging critical path.
• Develop and implement an annual negotiation and rolling ‘’Buy for Less’’ / tender schedule aimed at delivering budgeted cost savings for your Category and ‘’better buying’’ solutions without compromising our strict quality or service guidelines, continuously aiming to drive out cost.
• Ability to build and implement an end-to-end ABCD Supplier strategy, ensuring regular route and branch Supplier scorecard meetings take place, checking performance v’s plan.
• Ability to take cross functional teams with you in defining a Catalogue range that win’s for our Customer’s & key Verticals – ensuring your plan meets core Group guidelines where relevant.
• Stand over, and validate all non-catalogue (CSPs / Specials) lines to ensure they are brought to market in line with your Category Strategy and budget, adding end to end value for Lyreco.
• Work with your supplier partners to ensure Lyreco gains ‘’first to market’’, and ‘’Exclusive’’ Product ranges that drives competitive advantage in your market place.
• Ability to continuously review, and simplify your range, delivering a market leading breadth and depth, whilst driving out Product duplication.
• Work with your Supply Chain team to drive best in class in bound Supplier Service, and OTIF levels.
• Continuously review your supplier base (selection / deselection) to reduce and simplify where needed to unlock cost saving’s and business efficiencies.
• Deliver a new Sustainability plan for your category.
• Develop a price strategy that provides overall basket competitiveness to our Sales teams – working with your supplier partners to buy better where needed to enable our virtuous circle of growth.
• Deliver a market leading digital transformation plan for your Category, focused on maximising this switch in customer behaviour.
• Ability to build & maintain strong Group & Local internal and external stakeholder relationships, being brilliant at taking other’s with you, and breaking down barriers in a values led way.
• Ability to lead and win through your team, promoting a culture of trust & self-development, enabled through regular 121’s, learning and development.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Demonstrate the Lyreco values at all times. Excellence, Respect, Agility, Passion.
• Be Humble, Hungry and display emotional intelligence.
• Commands excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Practically minded
• Demonstrates ownership of assigned work and accepts responsibility for own actions, performance and results.
• You will have a full understanding of the principles of ‘people management’.
• You will have a thorough understanding of your Category marketplace and excellent competitor knowledge.
• Shows a willingness to step up and take on more responsibility when the need arises.
• Demonstrates commitment and motivation to achieve goals and live up to expectations.
• Displays pride and professionalism and a desire to function well in the job.
• Has the ability to build trust, respect and rapport quickly and at all levels.
• University degree, preferably in Marketing, Economics or Business Administration;
• Fluent in Italian and English;
• Experience in Marketing or Buying experience, ideally from within your designated Category.
• Knowledge in Hygiene, Furniture, Catering Market & products
• Experience of driving an ‘’end to end’’ P&L with an understanding of the product and stock lifecycle.
• Experience of focusing, leading and developing high performing teams.
• Experience of working within a B2B Buying model would be advantageous.
• You will hold a full and valid Driving Licence.