Legal Manager (H/F)
At Lyreco, we believe in working together for tomorrow, which means constantly looking to innovate and evolve so that our employees, customers and business continue to grow and develop. We believe in a culture that values our employees and inspires them to be the best they can be and our core values of passion, excellence, respect and agility play a key part in this. Through a perfect blend of people, technology and our corporate social responsibility strategy, our future looks bright.
The Group Legal manager is responsible to safeguard the interests of Lyreco through legal means in the following areas : corporate law, trade law, contract law, real estate, trademark ..;
He/she advises and supports all the operational and functional departments of the group: analyzes the case/project/contract submitted, proposes the practical orientations in order to avoid any excessive legal risk.
He/she educates internal customers and acts as a real business partner.
He/she is managing the external stakeholders (lawyers, courts, administrations, etc.).
Mission 1 : Corporate law
- Manages the corporate law of legal entities of the group (holding companies and subsidiaries):
- Drafts, supervises and validates the minutes of the boards of directors and general meetings of legal entities (approval of accounts, statutory amendments, all formalities arising, etc.).
- Manages and animates the proxys
- Participates with group teams and local finance team, in the implementation of legal files related to projects, negotiations, inherent in the operations of restructuring, acquisition, merger, …
Mission 2: Contract Law
- Develops and periodically reviews the standard Group contracts: commercial contracts (sale and purchase), confidentiality contracts, service contracts…
- Develops and periodically reviews the frameworks of the interco contracts (intra-group e.g.management fees contracts).
- Negotiate, draft and validates major operational contract (innovation, IT, building construction, commercial leases, purchase of equipment ...)
Mission 3: Intellectual property
- Organizes the registration and management of the portfolio of trademarks and logos protected in the various countries
- Organizes the filing and management of the portfolio of protected domain names in the various countries
- Analysis & proposes extensions for new protections in trademarks, logos and domain names: analysis and figures the additional protections in connection with the group departments / departments (Innovation project, Marketing, business development etc. ).
Mission 4: Disputes
- Manages dispute initiated by or against the French legal entities of the group, holding company and subsidiaries, excluding HR and non-recovery:
- Iidentify potential risks; collect from operational staff the documents necessary for disputes management; select firms/consultants; participate in the preparation and investigation of litigation files with lawyers and experts
- Participates in the management of disputes initiated by or against foreign legal entities of the group
- Coordinates the annual report on disputes with the financial directors of subsidiaries
- Monitors and manages complaints (pre-litigation) customers and/or suppliers (group and France)
Mission 5: Advice and expertise
- Takes charge of specific legal areas (e.g. work onrestructuringprojects, etc.)
- Analysis of the legal and/or contractual risks of the group's strategic projects (innovation projects,etc.) ;
- Study and permanently reviews legislation, regulations, jurisprudence, ensures a more particular watch in the field of activity of the group (distribution, products, transport, ...) ;
- Alert and alert the members of the management in legal matters affecting their business
- Train and inform internal customers (sales teams, group marketing, logistics, etc.)
Mission 6: Team Management
- Manages the Group legal team
- Train and animate the community of local legal advisors
Master in Law
+ Great level of autonomy and leadership, excellent human contact, very good ability to work in a multicultural environment.
Professional experience: ▪ 10+ years of legal experience in a national or international firm
- Strong legal experience in corporate and commercial matters.
- Experience on managing external legal advisors
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Technical knowledge
- Makes decisions
- Supports internal customers
- Provides guidance
- Reliability and responsibility
Lyreco France est certifié Top Employer 2021 pour la 10ème année consécutive.