Develop a sustainable and ethical preferred supply base that enhances Lyreco's competitiveness, innovation and success of our customers
As one of the first distributors of workplace supplies across the world, Lyreco has a special responsibility in ensuring that the business conduct of suppliers is socially, ethically, environmentally and legally compliant.
This is why Supply chain has become a dedicated principles of the Lyreco CSR strategy 2019-2025.
To guarantee our customers both the best value for money in products and solutions and sustainability and ethics in the supply chain.
The United Nations Sustainable Development Goal we contribute to
SUPPLY CHAIN - KEY INDICATORS
Supplier Sustainability Assessment Score evaluated yearly in the framework of the Lyreco Supplier Performance Improvement Programme considering all the Group suppliers. 1 represents the best score.
Events or meetings organised with suppliers around CSR at group and local levels.
- Supplier sustainability and ethics assessment
- Business supplier agreement follow-up
- Supplier education and awareness
- Internal education and awareness
ETHICS AND SUSTAINABILITY IN THE SUPPLY CHAIN
Manufacturer audits & improvement programme
Lyreco has developed an extensive range of own brand products. More than 1,500 items are now proposed to our customers.
As a leading distributor of workplace supplies across the world, Lyreco has a special responsibility in ensuring that the business conduct of suppliers is socially, ethically, environmentally and legally compliant.
To ensure that our responsibility and sustainability standards are constantly met, the group QSS team audits yearly and directly on-site our manufacturing partners with a specific focus on risk countries. In September 2019, Lyreco had unfortunately to blacklist a Group supplier following the outcomes of an unannounced audit.
Lyreco audits' frameworks
Our internal and external standards and policies
In 2013, Lyreco selected SEDEX and BSCI as standards for the social accountability audits of the factories that manufacture Lyreco branded products.
SEDEX Members Ethical Trade Audit (SMETA) 4-pillars: Labour, Health & Safety, Environment and Business Ethics.
SEDEX is the world’s largest collaborative platform to share responsible sourcing data on supply chains, used by more than 43,000 members in over 150 countries.
BSCI - The Business Social Compliance Initiative is a leading supply chain management system that supports companies in their drive towards social compliance and to make improvements at the factories in their global supply chains.
- All Lyreco own brand products
- Group and 16 subsidiaries sourcing, including Intersafe since 2019
- 59 manufacturers and importers
- Up to 3rd Tiers subcontractors
- Vigilance plan
- Purchasing policy
- Supplier Code of Ethics
factories producing Lyreco branded products or directly imported by Lyreco audited in 2019: 49 factories for products selected by Lyreco Group and 10 factories producing local references for our subsidiaries
Paper and PPE under closer watch
In a global context of major warning on deforestation and labour and human rights in emerging countries, Lyreco has set-up a Due-diligence process dedicated to:
- Paper that may be sourced from a country subject to deforestation allegations
- PPE(non-Lyreco branded & non directly imported by Lyreco) coming from risk countries in terms of social accountability (e.g. Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh)
SUPPLIER PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT PROGRAMME
Continuous improvement is a commitment equally shared by Lyreco and its suppliers. The Lyreco group Marketing Division has developed 2 complementary mechanisms to enhance continuous improvement from both parties.
- Supplier Performance Improvement Programme (SPIP), whose assessment grid covers 4 performance criteria: Competitiveness, Category Management, Logistics and Sustainability
- Lyreco supplier survey aimed to identify room for improvement in Lyreco’s supplier management process.
Supplier sustainability performance evaluation
In 2019, Sustainability, which previously accounted for 20% of the performance rating, has been raised up to 25%, on a par with the other 3 criteria.
The CSR evaluation covers 5 categories:
- The environmental characteristics of the products
- The CSR organization and governance of the supplier
- The Environmental Management System
- The Health & Safety Management System
- Social Accountability, Supply Chains and Business Ethics
In addition to the results of the evaluation, each supplier receives an individualised action plan, with possible progress tracks. This program has been in place since 2015.