At Lyreco we all share a common goal to strive for passion, excellence, respect and agility. We are proud to be the European leader and the third largest distributor of workplace products and services in the world
We are committed to the development of our employees and we aim to achieve that by creating a culture that inspires and empowers.
Are you seeking a new challenge? This offer might be for you!
Salary: Dependant on experience
The Lyreco group is the European leader and the third largest distributor of workplace products and services in the world. Are you a People Manager, passionate about training and developing others? Can you motivate and manage a team of people to achieve the highest standards in delivery and performance? Are you focused on delivering first class customer service and satisfaction?
As a Regional Distribution Centre Manager your responsibilities are:
To be responsible for all aspects of the RDC operation and staff management, in order to provide a cost effective, efficient and reliable delivery service in accordance with agreed schedules. To contribute to the development of Distribution though initiatives at own RDC and recommendations to develop distribution company wide.
You will also:
- Ensure vehicles are fully maintained in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendation
- Prepare the RDC budget and report monthly on distribution costs for the RDC. Provide daily, weekly and monthly information on the performance of the RDC.
- To motivate staff and hold regular monthly meetings with all staff and produce minutes of these meetings. Regularly assess and appraise staff performance in accordance with company guidelines.
- Recruit and induct new staff – also assist in the training and development of staff based at other RDCs.
- This role requires interaction with various members of the public both on the road and on customer premises and it is essential that the job holder is able to portray a positive image of themselves and the company at all times.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous supervisory and multi-drop delivery experience.
- Good working knowledge of local geographical area.
- Pro-active approach with the ability to effectively manage change.
- Possession of a current driving license, including Category C1 driving entitlement
- CPC holder – Desirable but not essential
- Available on the telephone for out of hours contact.
- This role requires regular contact with the company’s customer base. Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Excellent planning and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively communicate and train staff.
Lyreco is a great place to work. We believe in fostering a culture that values our people and inspires each of us to be the best we can be. If you want to join a company that is packed with great energy, fun, and a place where you can accelerate your career, then Lyreco is the right place for you!
- 23 days holiday + BH
- Company Pension
- Private Medical Insurance (after completion of one years’ service)
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Retail Vouchers
- Eye care vouchers
- Discounted gym memberships
If this sounds like something you may be interested in, please Apply Now!
As a diverse and forward-thinking employer, we embed the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion into everything we do. That includes our staff, customers, suppliers and our local community.
We’re committed to the wellbeing of all our staff and to the sustainability of our environment.
Agency CV’s will not be accepted.