At Lyreco, we believe in working together for tomorrow, which means constantly looking to innovate and evolve so that our employees, customers and business continue to grow and develop. We believe in a culture that values our employees and inspires them to be the best they can be and our core values of passion, excellence, respect and agility play a key part in this. Through a perfect blend of people, technology and our corporate social responsibility strategy, our future looks bright.
We have a new opportunity for a Bid Assistant to join our Bid Team. The focus of the role is to prepare product quotes in this dynamic and competitive business environment.
You will be involved in the quoting process for both new and existing business opportunities for our SMB and Mid-Market customers. Reviewing customers’ product lists and selecting the most appropriate products to create a basket of goods. Reporting in to the Bid Manager, you will work with the Bid Team, supporting the preparation and production of quotes for our sales force
Package of up to £20,000 (DOE) and corporate benefits package which includes Pension Scheme & Private Healthcare – based at our Telford, Head Office.
- Selecting the most suitable product to match the customers’ core list, in relation to product specification, price and customers objectives.
- Working to set deadlines.
- Liaising with internal departments to obtain pricing from our supply chain within required timelines.
- Resolving price discrepancies to ensure pricing is accurate at all times.
- Managing any quote queries sent into the team from the sales force.
- Updating the Bid Log with all relevant information relating to quotes and bids that you have worked on.
- Ensuring all tools and data files are kept up to date with accurate product information.
- Working on other projects and undertaking duties as agreed with the Bid Manager.
- Complying with company Quality, Health and Safety, Environmental and other policies, procedures and standards.
- Demonstrate the Lyreco values at all times.
- Ability to develop excellent business relationships at all levels.
- Analytical, ability to work with numbers and excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team player.
- PC literate, particularly in the use of Excel.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills with the ability to multitask.
About the company
Lyreco is a dynamic and forward-thinking market leader, offering Workplace Solutions to businesses across all sectors. We are a very people focused and driven business who are currently going through considerable business transformation and growth.