Product & Services Director
At Lyreco, we believe in working together for tomorrow, which means constantly looking to innovate and evolve so that our employees, customers and business continue to grow and develop. We believe in a culture that values our employees and inspires them to be the best they can be and our core values of passion, excellence, respect and agility play a key part in this. Through a perfect blend of people, technology and our corporate social responsibility strategy, our future looks bright.
The main purpose of the role is to formulate, implement and drive a consistent approach towards procurement policies and system strategies to support tendering, contracts management, spend analytics and supplier performance.
Develop and implement a strategy to ensure the function is operating in line with the objectives of the business to add value, mitigate supply chain risk and deliver cost savings.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance;
• Work collaboratively, negotiate and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery and compliance with the purchasing strategy;
• Communicate with stakeholders the impact of market change and potential effects on supply.
• Ensure that purchasing strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality and delivery targets;
• To assist Finance and budget holders with the annual budget process ensuring accurate costs are scrutinized and budgeted accordingly;
• Input and hold responsibility for Purchasing and related budget, ensuring compliance with customer and legal requirements;
• Identify spend categories and internal stakeholders responsible for those categories;
• Agree sourcing plans and implement timely procurement to meet organisation requirements;
• Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on Purchasing activities;
• Conduct regular supplier reviews / audits and address any supplier performance issues using supplier management and improvement techniques;
• Undertake supplier risk analysis, credit and insurance policy checks, agree service levels and standard terms and conditions of contract with legal department;
• Work closely with Marketing to develop category and supplier catalogues, ensuring contracts and price file data are in place and maintained and all commercially sensitive information is correctly retained;
• To ensure value for money is achieved whilst complying with statutory requirements and guidance, promoting good procurement positively.
• To be fully conversant with all Lyreco products and services in order to give potential and existing customers accurate information in a professional and timely manner;
• To actively monitor the external business environment and be fully aware of changes in the procurement environment;
• To comply and enforce Company policies, procedures and standards. Promoting Quality, Environmental company practices and a safe and healthy working environment at all times;
• Facilitate development of relationship with existing and potential suppliers;
• To work within the relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
• Educated to degree level (preferably Masters of Business Administration (MBA) Degree);
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment, where resilience and strong leadership skills are required;
• Demonstrable experience of leading a purchasing function with a proven track record in strategic purchasing leadership delivering effective purchasing strategies, policies, processes and systems;
• Knowledge and experience of working in a retail/consumer goods marketplace;
• Ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements;
• Proven contract management and supplier experience;
• Good commercial acumen and ability to develop services to deliver externally
• Experience of negotiating and influencing at a strategic level, and building relationships and partnerships to enhance business opportunities;
• A proven track record of successful senior leadership within a multi-disciplined organisation including the formulation and delivery of corporate strategies, policies and objectives.