Software Development Manager - Frontend
At Lyreco we all share a common goal to strive for passion, excellence, respect and agility. We are proud to be the European leader and the third largest distributor of workplace products and services in the world
We are committed to the development of our employees and we aim to achieve that by creating a culture that inspires and empowers.
Are you seeking a new challenge? This offer might be for you!
- 40% of the time
- Being Frontend Engineer, Tech Lead, Solution Architect in the Scrum Team to deliver high-quality solutions,
- Being accountable for solutions which are supported by the team – i.e. Next Generation ecommerce frontend
- Remaining 60% time:
- Hierarchically overseeing a team of Engineers, implying the people management.
- Recruiting of new talents, people administration, personal development, and evaluation of the Team members.
- Providing them coaching on both professionally as well as personally
- Encouraging and facilitating people in the Team to continuously developing themselves, both personally and within their area of expertise, so that they remain up-to-date in their field of expertise
- Managing responsibility for Engineers sharing passion and expert knowledge in the particular IT Area
- Highly proficient at identifying international market trends that may impact the way of working of IT professionals, and able to adopt and implement these trends
- Promoting in the best-in-class development principles – i.e. Clean Code, BDD/TDD in the team and also in protect team from the pressure to give up this in team member daily activities
- Cooperating with other Team Manager and Tech Leads from organization in the Development Community of Practice to agree and endorse the development principles and best practices for the company development teams
- Highly proficient at helping the organization structure complex engineering issues so they can be completely redesigned, rather than improved incrementally: technology, development methodologies, Continuous Improvement / Continuous Delivery
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrate the Lyreco values at all times. Excellence, Respect, Agility, Passion
- Highly energetic, capable of leading demanding complex architectural projects with a positive and open mindset
- 2+ years proven track record in this role or Tech Lead (with mentoring of developers), preferably in an international, multicultural environment as a part of virtual team;
- Management experience in getting the best out of people, when working with multiple cultures at the same time; preferably, in an Agile organization
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum, XP) for software development and DevOps;
Professional skills & abilities
- Good communication and influencing skills
- Build relationships: a team player able to build and develop networks
- Change management: ability to support team members in changing environment
- Results oriented: proven track-record of delivering on targets
- Project management : helping team with organisation, prioritisation, and translation of business requirements into technical requirements
- Analytical and creative, proactive to solve issues
- Strong fundamentals in software design and development
- Knowledge of architecture design patterns
- Knowledge of software craftsmanship principles (Clean Code, Clean coder, Clean architecture)
- Knowledge of web services, RestAPI, microservices
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery using continuous delivery tooling such as Jenkins. AzureDevOps and practical experience with Docker containerization
- Knowledge of Azure or other public clouds
- Knowledge of UX and design sensibilities, wireframe tools like Abstract, Figma is a plus
- Knowledge of tracking tools (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics) is a plus
- Understanding of performance, cross-browser / cross-device development, testing, optimization, and front-end performance requirements
- Fluency in English—verbal and written
- Extremely proficient in JS, it should feel almost like your mother tongue.
- Architectural knowledge of the different layers of a web application from server to client, able to support the set up of a green field complex application beyond the front end-layer.