At Lyreco we all share a common goal to strive for passion, excellence, respect and agility. We are proud to be the European leader and the third largest distributor of workplace products and services in the world
We are committed to the development of our employees and we aim to achieve that by creating a culture that inspires and empowers.
Are you seeking a new challenge? This offer might be for you!
Distribution Team Leader
Salary - £27,500 per annum
Hours of Work – Monday to Friday
Lyreco are the market leader in Workplace Solutions and specialise in providing workplace solutions to businesses globally, across a variety of sectors.
We have a rare opportunity become available to join our team as a Distribution Team Leader at our Regional Distribution Centre in Crawley.
Reporting to the Regional Distribution Centre Manager, the Team Leader position is responsible for assisting in the daily operational management of drivers.
As a Distribution Team Leader your responsibilities are:
- Support the RDC Manager to manage a team of Delivery Drivers, providing relief cover for holiday, sickness and training when needed
- To load and unload trunkers where applicable to deliver orders, which may be furniture or General Office Products, to the customer and maintain a high level of customer service
- Assist in the unloading / breakdown of pallets and the sortation of goods into route order as required.
- To assist with random vehicle checks making sure that items loaded are correct.
- Undertake weekly vehicle checks for damage, wear and tear. Report any mechanical faults, GV9 offences or accidents at the earliest opportunity
- Be involved in recruitment of new staff members
The ideal Distribution Team Leader will:
- Basic knowledge of Highway Code and regulations relating to the operation of delivery vehicles
- Basic working knowledge of tachographs and EU regulations relating to the working time directive
- Good supervisory and communication skills
- Ability to schedule, plan and meet deadlines
- This job role requires regular contact with the company’s customer base so excellent customer service and interpersonal skills are essential
Lyreco is a great place to work. We believe in fostering a culture that values our people and inspires each of us to be the best we can be. If you want to join a company that is packed with great energy, fun, and a place where you can accelerate your career, then Lyreco is the right place for you!
- 23 days holiday + BH
- Company Pension
- Private Medical Insurance (after completion of one years’ service)
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Retail Vouchers
- Eye care vouchers
- Discounted gym memberships
As a diverse and forward-thinking employer, we embed the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion into everything we do. That includes our staff, customers, suppliers and our local community.
We’re committed to the wellbeing of all our staff and to the sustainability of our environment.
Agency CV’s will not be accepted.