Why do we have a sustainability strategy?
At Lyreco, we are committed to taking responsibility for the environmental, social and ethical impact our activities have on the planet and its people, and to listening and working with all those involved. This gives us a clear picture of the progress we need to make and ensures that we build in the right considerations into our future strategy.
OUR GOALS FOR 2026
90% of global turnover to be represented by our Sustainable Selection of products.
90% of employees are proud to work for Lyreco
To continue collaborating with our partners to achieve sustainable progress
In order to reduce our impact on the planet, we aim to:
- Use and sell products and services that contribute to protecting the planet and its people. Our target is to earn 90% of our total turnover from our Sustainable Selection.
- Embrace Circular Economy, by closing the loop in our internal consumption and external selling.
- Reduce the environmental impact of our company vehicles and switch entirely to low- and zero-emission vehicles. The emissions that we cannot reduce will be offset.
- Reduce the impact of our business travel and offset the emissions that we cannot reduce.
- Reduce the environmental impact of our owned company facilities and switch to 100% of renewable energy.
We commit to offering our employees a continuously better quality of life at work as well as taking care of the communities we operate in:
More than a job, a career; we commit to supporting the development of our people
We aim to provide a safe and empowering working life for all our employees
We aim take action to make a positive impact on the communities of the countries we operate in
We make sure that we involve all our partners to develop the best initiatives, actions and decisions possible.
- We listen to customers and suppliers to progress
- We share experiences about sustainable initiatives
- We take action to set an ethical framework in all our activities and encourage our employees and partners to adopt sustainable and ethical practices
Supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, the United Nations defined 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) that provide a blueprint for governments, NGOs, companies and citizens.
They address the global challenges we face, including those related to poverty, inequality, climate change, environmental degradation, peace and justice.
As a player in the distribution of products and solutions for the working environment, we commit to the Global Compact principles.