Limit Lyreco’s impact on the environment from our suppliers to our clients, across the entire value chain, while focusing on fighting Climate change.
- Identifying and assessing options to limit impact on the environment.
- EEnsuring that we manage our projects and activities in such a way that they comply with certified quality (ISO 9001) and environmental management regulations (ISO 14001) to include ecological priorities.
This means dedicated actions and programmes on products, carbon footprint, delivery, packaging, consumables & waste and infrastructure.
The United Nations Sustainable Development Goal we contribute to.
CLIMATE ACTION: KEY INDICATORS FOR 2019
A target selected in accordance with the Lyreco Eco-future strategy 2012-2018. Measuring progress is done using our very own tool: the Lyreco Carbon Footprint Calculator (LCFP).
In 2020, Lyreco outlines its new Climate Strategy, defining new CO2 reduction targets using the the Science-Based Targets Initiative (SBTi) methodology.
- Making our fleet and infrastructure climate friendly
- Reducing waste and providing our clients with recycling solutions
- Assessing our products in accordance with the EU PEF methodology
- Implementing circular economy actions and policies
REDUCING SUPPLY CHAIN CO2 EMISSIONS
In 2019, we achieved a reduction of 18% in CO2 emissions compared to the emission rate in 2010.
- Upgrade of logistics installations and infrastructure (solar energy)
- Increased deployment of CNG/electric cars and vans
- Concrete actions to save power (LED lighting)
- Electronic signature on delivery
- Preference for vertical storage
In Paris, London, Bern and Zürich, we are helping major city centres address the problems of CO emissions and air pollution through the development and testing of low carbon deliveries.
Protecting our forests
Protecting our forests is vital in fighting climate change. Since wood is the most important raw material for the paper industry, forest management is an important issue in reducing the environmental impact.
We at Lyreco as well as our suppliers and trusted third parties (such as FSC and initiatives such as the New York Declaration on Forests) are committed to reducing the impact of our operations on the scarcity of raw materials.
NEW PACKAGING SOLUTIONS
Packaging plays an important role in the quality protection of our products and in keeping them safe during the storage, transport and usage. But packaging also consumes valuable resources in its production and produces waste when not recycle.
Through our Responsible Packaging Policy, we commit to reducing packaging use and size and ban non-recyclable plastic packaging by 2025.
EU PEF: EUROPEAN PRODUCT ENVIRONMENTAL FOOTPRINT
FLyreco has been applying the principles of the circular economy for years to help its clients achieve their sustainability goals by offering recycling services and selecting products with a life cycle approach.
To boost this ambition, Lyreco has adopted a new methodology to officially assess the ecological footprint of its own label products and take the full product’s life cycle into account: the EU PEF or EU Product Environmental Footprint