- Identify and evaluate opportunities to reduce environmental impacts.
- Ensure that our operations and projects are managed in accordance with accredited quality (ISO 9001) and environmental management (ISO 14001) systems to include sustainability priorities.
This means dedicated actions and programmes on products, carbon footprint, delivery, packaging, consumables & waste and infrastructure.
The United Nations Sustainable Development Goal we contribute to.
ENVIRONMENT - KEY INDICATORS 2019
A target defined within the Lyreco Eco-future strategy 2012-2018. Progresses are measured using Lyreco bespoke method - the Lyreco Carbon Footprint Calculator (LCFP).
In 2020, Lyreco defines its new Climate Policy, setting new CO2 reduction targets based on the Science-Based Targets Initiative (SBTi) methodology.
- Making our fleet and buildings greener
- Managing waste and offering recycling services to our customers
- Applying the EU PEF methodology to our product assessment
- Committing to circular economy projects and strategies
How we measure our CO2 emission
CO2 EMISSION REDUCTION IN LOGISTICS AND DELIVERY
In 2019, CO2 emissions have decreased by 18% from a 2010 base year.
- Improvement of logistics installations and buildings (solar panels)
- Increase of natural gas/electric vans and cars
- Energy-saving actions (LED lightning)
- CO2 neutral delivery process
- Electronic Delivery signature
- Vertical storage solutions
In London, Paris, Bern and Zurich, we are testing and developing low-carbon deliveries to help major urban centres tackle the challenge of reducing CO2 emissions and air pollution.
PROTECT THE FORESTS
Deforestation is a primary contributor to climate change. With wood being the main raw material for the paper industry, forest conservation is an important issue in reducing the environmental impact.
We commit with our suppliers and trusty third parties like FSC and initiatives like the New York Declaration on Forests to reducing the impact of our activities on raw resources scarcity.
The New York Declaration on Forests is a partnership of governments, multinational companies, indigenous peoples and NGOs who strive to halve deforestation by 2020 and to end it by 2030.
NEW PACKAGING POLICY
Packaging plays an important role in protecting the quality of our products and allowing them to be securely stored, transported and used. However, packaging also uses valuable resources in its conception and generates waste when not recycled.
Through our Responsible Packaging Policy, we commit to reducing packaging use and size and ban non-recyclable plastic packaging by 2025.