European Product Environmental Footprint
Since 2015, Lyreco has been involved in a European project initiated by the European Commission: the EU Product Environmental Footprint (EU PEF)
WHAT IS THE EU PEF?
The EU PEF is new method to measure the environmental footprint of our products.
Lyreco is the first BtoB company to officially assess one of its own label products with this new method.
The objective of the EU PEF is to define a common European evaluation methodology for different types of consumer products aimed at:
- Measuring the environmental impact of the product across its lifecycle
- Improving customers awarness and information in this area
- Encouraging companies to pursue the continuous improvement of their brands
A COMPREHENSIVE & TRANSPARENT METHOD
The EU PEF methodology measures the environmental impact
At each step the product lifecycle: Raw Materials, Packaging, Manufacturing, Distribution, Product end-of-life
- Through 16 environmental criteria: Climate Change, Water scarcity, Land use, Particulate matter, Resource use...
Lyreco Laundry Liquid
THE 1st PRODUCT EVALUATED WITH THE EU PEF
Lyreco Laundry Liquid is a product in the Lyreco Hygiene range. Lyreco Laundry Liquid is 30% less environmentally impactful that the average laundry liquid. Thanks to this evaluation, we will:
- Improve the environmental performance of the product
- Encourage our suppliers to adopt the EU PEF
- Promote the EU PEF to our customers.